Some financial hardships are impossible to predict or to avoid. At H. Lehman Franklin, P.C., we know that bad things happen to good people all the time. When they do, you deserve to have someone in your corner, fighting for what is right.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code. We provide federal debt restructuring help.
Our bankruptcy attorneys are here to serve Screven County, Georgia. If you’re looking for debt relief, come speak to our team about filing for bankruptcy.
Understanding the Chapters of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code
What is bankruptcy? For those unfamiliar with the term, it is a legal process that provides relief from some or all of your debts in the event that you can’t pay them back.
The U.S. Bankruptcy Code is long and dense, as illustrated by its many chapters and subchapters. Before you file, you’ll need to determine which chapter best fits your unique circumstances.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy: you can pay off debt gradually over time as long as you have a steady income to begin with. This type of bankruptcy often helps people catch up on mortgage payments, car payments, and other debts.
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy: you can file if you’re unable to pay back your debts. Liquidation of assets does not usually occur with this chapter, but it can in some cases.
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy: applies to entities, such as businesses, or individuals with many assets. This chapter includes special provisions that can make filing easier for individuals or corporations that qualify as small business debtors.
- Chapter 12 Bankruptcy: made for family farmers and fishermen. This is similar to Chapter 13 as payments are made to creditors over time.
Reasons Why You Might File for Bankruptcy
Every bankruptcy case is unique. There’s no one-size-fits-all reason for filing, but if any of these reasons sound familiar to you, you may want to connect with one of our bankruptcy attorneys near Screven County today.
- An unexpected medical crisis or difficult divorce has set you back. When you can’t dig yourself out from your debt, bankruptcy can help.
- You’re tired of debt collectors hounding you. This process can make the calls and letters stop.
- You want to stop constantly worrying about debt. Bankruptcy’s debt relief effects can be felt almost immediately.
Trusted Bankruptcy Lawyers Serving Screven County
When filing for bankruptcy, there are numerous rules and guidelines that must be followed. To ensure you’re filing correctly, you’ll need to seek proper legal guidance.
The team at H. Lehman Franklin, P.C., has years of experience with the U.S. Bankruptcy Code. As a local debt relief agency, it’s our mission to relieve you of your financial burdens.
Contact our Bankruptcy Attorneys Near Screven County GA
Are you looking for a team well-versed in resolving blue collar hardships such as major debt burdens? You’ve come to the right place. The team at H. Lehman Franklin, P.C., is here to help you.
Step one is for us to assess your case. If we can take it on at this time, we’ll begin plotting out a course of action right away.
Contact our bankruptcy lawyers serving Screven County, GA, to schedule your free consultation!