At H. Lehman Franklin, P.C., we’ve spent years helping good people in our area resolve unexpected hardships. One of the biggest burdens we’ve helped our clients overcome? Insurmountable debt.
No matter the causes of your debt, we have a solution that can provide relief almost instantly: bankruptcy. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code. We provide federal debt restructuring help.
When you need help filing, get in contact with our bankruptcy attorneys serving Jenkins County, Georgia.
The U.S. Bankruptcy Code: Which Chapter Should You File For?
In order to successfully file for bankruptcy, you need to understand the many chapters in the U.S. Bankruptcy Code and how they may apply to your situation. While this code can be broken into numerous rules and regulations, these four chapters are the most common ones we deal with.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy: you can pay off debt gradually over time as long as you have a steady income to begin with. This type of bankruptcy can help people catch up on mortgage payments, car payments, and other debts.
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy: you can file if you’re unable to pay back your debts. Liquidation of assets does not usually occur with this chapter, but it can in some cases.
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy: applies to entities, such as businesses, or individuals with many assets. This chapter includes special provisions that can make filing easier for individuals or corporations that qualify as small business debtors.
- Chapter 12 Bankruptcy: made for family farmers and fishermen. This is similar to Chapter 13 as payments are made to creditors over time.
Should You File for Bankruptcy?
Bankruptcy is a process in which some or most of your debts are discharged. Only you can know when it’s time to file and if this solution fits your circumstances. However, if you can relate to any of the following problems, you may want to consider it.
- You can’t dig your way out of current debts. Of course, you’ve tried. However, unexpected crises such as medical issues or a divorce may leave you unable to pay it all back.
- Debt collectors won’t leave you alone. If they keep calling or sending letters, bankruptcy can make them stop.
- You think about your debt constantly. That’s no way to live. Seek debt relief with the help of our bankruptcy lawyers serving Jenkins County.
Jenkins County Bankruptcy Lawyers
A successful bankruptcy filing requires experienced legal counsel, something that our team is proud to provide Jenkins County. The team of H. Lehman Franklin, Jr., and Kimberly S. Ward ha decadess of combined experience helping people like you.
A life saddled with debt isn’t the life you deserve. Reach out to our team to find something better.
We Offer Free Consultations
When residents of Jenkins County, Georgia, need tested legal guidance, they can depend on the team at H. Lehman Franklin, P.C., for help. We aim to set the gold standard in resolving blue collar hardships caused by excessive debt.
To take the next steps, contact our team to schedule your free consultation. We’ll assess your case, and if we’re able to take it on, we’ll begin plotting a course of action right away!