To file for bankruptcy and get the financial relief you need, it takes an experienced team with in-depth knowledge of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
H. Lehman Franklin, P.C., offers dedicated bankruptcy attorneys who have, as a team, served Savannah, GA, and Chatham County for over 30 years. They are prepared to hear out your case and smoothly guide you through the entire filing process.
How Bankruptcies Work
Bankruptcy isn’t about the mismanagement of finances so much as it is about unexpected financial hardships the average person can’t predict. If medical problems, a divorce, or other financial pitfalls have stacked the cards against you, bankruptcy may be a viable solution.
The bankruptcy process is undoubtedly complex, but a knowledgeable attorney can break it down into simple steppingstones for you. These steps often include:
- Asses your current financial situation to determine if bankruptcy is the right choice
- Figure out what type of bankruptcy you should be filing for
- File in accordance with all the rules and regulations of the proceedings
- Prepare for potential bankruptcy consequences
What are some advantages of filing bankruptcy?
After you’ve filed for bankruptcy, you’ll start seeing advantages right away, many of which can improve your quality of living.
Your assets may be safe from repossession. No more worrying about someone taking your things from you.
Calls and letters may stop. Creditors won’t be able to hassle you.
You’ll have daily relief. Debt can cause anxiety, frustration, and constant hardship. Filing for bankruptcy should alleviate most of these difficulties.
The Bankruptcy Chapters
The U.S. Bankruptcy Code is a long list of rules, broken into many chapters and subchapters. Each chapter applies to a different type of bankruptcy, one of which may be more relevant to your circumstances than another.
Our bankruptcy lawyers want to break through the legal language barrier for Savannah, GA, residents, so you can understand the finer points of the process.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy: Suitable if you are an individual with steady income and want to pay your debts gradually in manageable chunks over time.
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy: For when you’re unable to pay current debts and are willing to liquidate assets, although liquidation often does not occur.
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy: Applies to businesses and consumer debtors with numerous assets. There are special provisions for individuals or corporations that qualify as small business debtors, which can make the Chapter 11 process quicker and easier.
- Chapter 12 Bankruptcy: Like Chapter 13, except it is specifically for family farmers.
We Are a Debt Relief Agency Serving Savannah GA
Our team of bankruptcy lawyers consists of H. Lehman Franklin, Jr., and Kimberly S. Ward. They provide federal debt restructuring help so financially disadvantaged people can achieve much-needed relief.
They handle their cases not only with procedural expertise, but with a sense of compassion. They’re here to resolve your unexpected hardships to the best of their abilities.
Schedule Your Free Consultation with our Bankruptcy Attorneys
Are you ready to learn more about bankruptcy and the filing process? Meet with the lawyers at H. Lehman Franklin, P.C., for a bankruptcy consultation near Savannah, GA. If filing is the best course of action, they’ll begin deliberating the next steps right away.
Chatham County residents can call our office to schedule a free consultation today!