The capable and dedicated staff at H. Lehman Franklin, P.C. offers quality and capable support to the best legal representation available in the Statesboro and Savannah areas. Why hire just any lawyer to litigate your case when you can retain the services of an attorney with over 50 years of legal experience in the state of Georgia.
Negligent security is a type of premises liability that allows injured parties to recover damages. Commercial property and business owners in Georgia have a legal duty to use reasonable care in protecting guests. If they breach this duty, injured parties may bring a civil lawsuit based on negligent security.
Owners must minimally provide sufficient lighting, secure entryways, working locks, as well as surveillance systems and security alarms if necessary. The following are situations where a business or property may be liable for damages caused by negligent security:
- As a result of negligent security in the form of inadequate lighting and surveillance equipment, a criminal act may occur that takes place unnoticed by anyone, including security personnel.
- Insufficient locks may allow individuals with criminal intentions to enter the facility and commit such acts.
- Security guards may fail to provide protection when an altercation or fight arises.
- Business owners may negligently hire or train security personnel.
- Crimes regularly occur on the premises and owners fail to take necessary corrective measures, or even warn patrons of the dangerous activity.
Anyone injured because of an incident of negligent security may recover damages for medical-related costs, lost earnings, loss of earning capacity, as well as pain and suffering. If you have suffered any type of injury as the result of negligent security, you may be entitled to compensation. Protect your rights! Contact H. Lehman Franklin, P.C. today for a free consultation and case evaluation. Lehman Franklin and Kimberly Ward will give you the best representation possible in your legal matter.
Our office is located at 127 North Main Street in Statesboro, GA (30458). We proudly serve Bulloch County, as well as the surrounding counties of Chatham, Candler, Evans, Bryan, Effingham, Screven, and Jenkins. Contact our office by telephone at 912-764-9616, by email at email@example.com, or check us out online at hlfranklin.com. We’re available to meet your legal needs Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM until 5:30 PM.